Back Pain Doctor
If you have been suffering from back pain, you should see a back pain doctor, Ocala, FL residents depend on from Ocala Injury Center. Chronic back pain can be debilitating and prevent you from enjoying your favorite activities. One of our doctors can create the appropriate treatment plan and get you back on the road to recovery.
Back Pain Doctor Ocala, FL
Surgery for back pain has a risk of complications, so it should only be used as a last resort. Here are some non-surgical ways to alleviate back pain.
- Spinal Manipulation: Spinal manipulation is being used more and more frequently to treat back pain. During this treatment, a chiropractor will use their hands to adjust your spine. The treatment is non-invasive and considered perfectly safe. While you may feel some pressure, you should not experience pain from therapy.
- Weight Loss: Carrying around too much weight can negatively affect many parts of your body, including your back. Excess weight can put pressure on your spine, resulting in back pain. If you’re currently overweight, your Ocala, FL back pain doctor may suggest losing weight. Losing even several pounds can take some stress off your back. Cut out junk foods and begin including fruits, veggies, lean meats, and whole grains in your diet and incorporate frequent exercise.
- Posture Adjustments: How you sit each day can also have an impact on your back. When you are working during the day, pay more careful attention to your posture. Always sit up straight with your shoulders pulled back. If you need extra support, put a small pillow behind your back.
- Acupuncture: If you suffer from chronic back pain, acupuncture may be able to give you relief. The ancient Chinese practice involves inserting thin needles into specific points on the body. Although the treatment may sound intimidating at first, it’s not painful.
- Stress Management: Excess stress can put tension on the muscles in your back, resulting in pain. Suppose you’re dealing with high amounts of stress. In that case, your back pain doctor from Ocala Injury Center may recommend incorporating stress management techniques into your routine, like meditation, yoga, and deep breathing.
- Professional Massage: Professional massages aren’t just relaxing. They can also help alleviate chronic pain. An experienced massage therapist will loosen up tense muscles in your back, providing you relief.
If you have been dealing with back pain for a while, you should consult an Ocala, FL, back pain doctor. At Ocala Injury Center, we understand how difficult it is to live with back pain and want to help you find relief.
Taking Control of Your Back Pain
Our back pain doctor in Ocala, FL, offers many treatments that heal injuries and ailments. Seeking care from a chiropractor is one alternative offered at Ocala Injury Center. We have experienced doctors and medical professionals who can administer chiropractic care and incorporate other forms of traditional and alternative medicines. Typically when patients have access to several different forms of treatment, they can experience optimal results. Relief from pain is imperative, and when it can be done without the use of prescription medications, alternative medicine can be all that more effective. Our team can play an intricate role in helping with the recovery process and future prevention from injuries.
Experiencing the Benefits of Treatments
Alternative medicine like chiropractic care is growing in popularity. While many who suffer pain may be unsure of undergoing treatment, it’s essential to be aware of the many benefits that a chiropractor can offer.
Here are some benefits patients suffering from back pain may experience when they undergo chiropractic care:
- Improved range of motion
- Reduced dependence on prescription drugs
- Prevention from future injuries
- Allows the body to heal itself naturally
- Reduces back pain
- A non-invasive form of treatment
- Can prevent the need for surgical procedures
The benefits of treatments offered by a chiropractor can reduce back pain and help with a person’s overall well-being.
Signs That It’s Time to Call a Chiropractor
The are several reasons patients may suffer from back pain and, much of the time, care from a chiropractor may play a vital role in the recovery process. Taking action is critical as when left untreated, patients may experience pain and limitations that can be genuinely debilitating. Back pain typically doesn’t resolve independently, and taking action will play a critical factor in recovery. If you experience any of the following, it may be in your best interest to reach out to an Ocala, Florida, back pain doctor:
- Pain that occurs over an extended period
- Pain that causes numbness and tingling in the extremities
- You were recently in an accident that has resulted in back pain
- You are experiencing physical limitations from the pain
While pain can sometimes come from out of nowhere, sometimes it can result from an injury or accident. Taking action with a medical professional is imperative to ensure that you can experience the recovery you deserve.
Ways to Manage Pain and Mitigate Issues
Back pain can be incredibly troublesome but know that taking action can help to reduce pain and experience the best possible recovery. Our medical practitioners will work closely with you to understand your injuries and determine a treatment plan that is specified to your needs. In addition to medical treatments, there are other ways to manage symptoms, prevent future issues and reduce pain, including:
- Take breaks throughout the day
- Make sure that your workspace is ergonomically correct
- Engage in physical activity and exercise
- Practice proper posture
Our team at Ocala Injury Center knows the impact of back pain on a person, and we aim to help. Our team of dedicated medical professionals can play a key role in assisting with your symptom management and overall recovery. To learn more about treatments, contact our Ocala, FL, back pain doctor immediately.