Lower Back Pain Doctor
If you have been dealing with lower back pain, you should see a lower back pain doctor Ocala, FL residents trust from Ocala Injury Center. Suffering from this kind of discomfort on a daily basis can overtake your life. A doctor can help treat your pain and improve your well-being.
Lower Back Pain Doctor Ocala, FL
Lower back pain is one of the most common ailments among adults. However, there are still many misconceptions about it, such as:
- You Need a Scan to Determine What’s Wrong With Your Back: Many people believe that they have to have a CT scan or other test to see exactly what’s wrong with their back. However, many doctors can actually detect the problem through getting a medical history and performing a physical exam.
- Once You Hurt Your Back, You Can’t Back to Your Hobbies: Some people who experience lower back pain think they can never get back to their favorite activities. However, if you go to a reputable Ocala, FL lower back pain doctor, there’s a good chance that you can make a full recovery and enjoy your hobbies again. He or she may have you start slowly and avoid any twisting, bending, and lifting. If you follow your doctor’s instructions, you can get back to a normal life.
- If You Have Lower Back Pain, You Shouldn’t Move: When you’re suffering from lower back pain, you might not want to move at all. However, staying in bed all day can make you stiffer and worsen your pain. That’s why your lower back pain doctor from Ocala Injury Center will advise you to keep moving. You will want to start slowly, in the beginning, to avoid re-injuring yourself. Swimming, yoga, and walking are all low-impact exercises that can improve lower back pain.
- You Will Likely Need Surgery: Surgery is only recommended for lower back pain as a last resort. Most people can get relief from their pain without going under the knife. For example, you may be able to improve your back pain through spinal adjustments or exercise.
- Back Pain Can Result in Paralysis: Most of the time, severe back pain doesn’t mean you will be paralyzed. Paralysis is only typically a risk with spinal tumors and spinal infections.
I have lower back pain, a lower back pain doctor may be able to help. At Ocala Injury Center, we realize how debilitating back pain can be and want to help you make a full recovery.
Therapy Treatments That A Back Pain Doctor Can Provide
At a highly rated Ocala, FL lower back pain doctor Ocala Injury Center, a common treatment involves therapeutic care, one of the key methods that a chiropractor uses for patients who are suffering from back pain due to pinched nerves, stiffness in the body or other symptoms. There are multiple approaches to chiropractic care, and what you can most benefit from depends on your unique issue as well as your underlying medical conditions. Some of the therapies that chiropractor is trained to do include manual soft tissue therapy, ultrasound therapy, electrical stimulation therapy, and massage therapy. A chiropractor can go over what each type of therapy does to relieve symptoms, and the benefits they can offer for you.
Does Chiropractic Treatment Hurt?
A pervasive myth about chiropractic care for back pain is that it is painful, but that is far from the truth. Many people have an impression of chiropractic treatment that involves cracking bones, being contorted in twisting positions, and aggressive, highly physical treatment. However, chiropractic treatments are not painful at all and do not involve cracking bones. They might result in slight discomfort as you get used to the specific positions your body must be in, but a chiropractor uses gentle yet specific, localized thrusting movements to treat you. Chiropractors always make sure that you feel okay throughout your session so that you do not feel pain.
What Results You Can Expect
Because chiropractic treatments and therapies are all-natural and are unique to each patient, the time it takes to experience results can vary. If you have severely limited flexibility or have troublesome pain, your body needs time to adjust and respond to the treatments. For people who have severe joint pain, it can take much longer, such as several weeks or months to experience meaningful relief pain. However, for many patients, they have found that their back pain is reduced by a large extent thanks to just a few sessions of chiropractic care. An Ocala, FL lower back pain doctor can explain to you what you can expect from your sessions and when you may be able to experience relief.
When To Consider Chiropractic Care
Traditional types of treatments like prescription drugs or surgery are much more risky compared to chiropractic care. A chiropractor uses only natural, holistic treatments that do not involve making incisions into the skin, injecting foreign substances, or removing organs. Chiropractic practices are guided by the belief that correcting problems in the nervous system can do a lot to improve the general health of a patient. Because chiropractors focus on treating issues within the body and facilitating a patient’s natural ability to heal, there are no side effects that can occur. Surgery and prescriptions are also much more costly, so chiropractic care is not as financially straining. If you would like to learn more about the full benefits of chiropractic care, visit an Ocala, FL lower back pain doctor that residents trust to obtain more information.