Car Accident Doctor
A car accident can cause serious medical issues, which makes contacting a specialist car accident doctor in Ocala, Florida one of your top priorities. Whether you were in a minor fender bender or a more serious accident, you should always seek medical attention to make sure you properly recover from your injuries – and to make sure your injuries don’t get worse. If you’ve recently experienced a car accident, get in touch with medical professionals in Ocala that you can trust.
Car Accidents and Your Health
At Ocala Injury Center, we understand that every car accident is different, and so is every car accident injury. There are an endless amount of injuries you can experience as a result of a car accident, but some are more common than others.
- Whiplash: Whiplash occurs when the neck experiences an abnormal and sudden motion. This is most frequently encountered in car accidents, but it can happen in impact sports and assaults. Key symptoms include neck pain and stiffness for several weeks after the initial accident, and it can develop into chronic neck pain if left untreated.
- Neck and back injuries: Aside from whiplash, car accidents can cause a wide range of other neck and back injuries. Pinched nerves, fractures, and other serious medical issues can happen as a result of car accidents and are oftentimes amplified if the occupants of a vehicle aren’t securely fastened with seatbelts or protected by airbags.
- Burns: Cars are full of combustible fluids, and in extreme cases, these can catch fire and severely burn occupants. While burns might not be the first thing to come to mind when considering the health hazards of a car accident, they are still a danger to those involved in severe car accidents.
- Broken bones: Despite new safety features in modern cars, occupants of cars in car accidents can still experience broken bones or fractures. These injuries take a long time to heal and can require special treatment and professional attention to ensure they heal properly.
- Traumatic brain injury: Aside from whiplash, you can experience other major injuries as a result of your head suddenly moving in an impact. Concussions are common injuries in car accidents, and in the event of any kind of brain injury, you should seek immediate medical attention.
Recovering from Your Car Accident
Car accidents are overwhelming, but your recovery doesn’t need to be overwhelming too. A doctor that specializes in car accident recovery can help. Trained healthcare professionals in the Ocala area can work closely with you to develop a personalized recovery plan and will pay close attention to your progress as you go through different phases of recovery.
The professionals at Ocala Injury Center are familiar with all the injuries that are commonly experienced in car accidents and are equally familiar with the methods and treatments necessary to get your recovery on track. If you’ve recently been in a car accident and are looking for the best recovery possible, contact Ocala Injury Center, and get moving forward today.
How a Car Accident Doctor Can Help You Recover From a Car Accident
If you’ve been injured in a car accident, you need to find the right doctor who can help you recover as quickly as possible. Choosing the wrong doctor can prolong your recovery and leave you worse off than you were before the accident. The right car accident doctor, however, can help prevent permanent damage and get you back on your feet after your collision. Here are the qualities of the best car accident doctors and why they are so important in helping you recover from your collision injuries.
What Is Involved in the Recovery Process After an Auto Collision?
After an auto collision, victims will likely be dealing with both physical and emotional trauma. During recovery, it’s important to get in touch with your doctor for necessary treatment and preventative care. Depending on how severe your injuries are, you may need surgery or time off work to recover — and that is when you turn to your car accident doctor. They will help make sure you’re treated by a medical professional who can treat not only your injuries but also any pain caused by neck, back, or knee injury.
Sometimes, car accident victims may be struggling with serious injuries, including traumatic brain injury or post-traumatic stress disorder. Your doctor will recommend that you use inpatient rehab facilities to help with your recovery. For such serious medical conditions, you’ll need to stay in rehabilitation centers for long periods of time and make sure you have adequate care and treatment. This will help ensure you recover as quickly as possible after your accident.
What Services Do They Provide If Necessary for Recovering from a Motor Vehicle Crash?
When you suffer injuries in a motor vehicle crash, your focus will naturally be on how to get better. But with pain and limited mobility come new challenges that don’t just affect your body — they also affect your quality of life. The emotional toll caused by chronic pain can be difficult to manage, as can mounting medical bills and lost wages if you’re unable to work. Thankfully, there are doctors who specialize in helping people recover from car accidents. A car accident doctor may help provide the physical therapy necessary for recovery; help identify any mental health needs you may have; ensure you receive legal representation; coordinate transportation to and from treatment appointments; give expert advice about managing pain medication, and educate patients about what they should expect after an injury.
Who Should I Call First, My Lawyer or Medical Provider After an Auto Collision?
Even if you don’t feel like your health is directly in danger, auto accident injuries can take time to manifest and some are not so obvious at first. Most people have little to no knowledge about auto accident treatment and therefore, will likely seek immediate help from their medical provider. So what should you do if you’ve just been involved in an auto collision? Contact your doctor first for help. If he or she feels that it’s appropriate for them to treat you for injuries sustained during your car accident then they will do so, even if you were treated by EMS workers on-scene.
It is important to address any injuries immediately for your long-term health. After an accident, you will feel shaky and scared, so it can be easy to feel confused as to what to do next. Always seek medical attention first before anything else. Contact a car accident doctor today at Ocala Injury Center for help.