Chiropractic Ocala, FL
The chiropractic practice at Ocala Injury Center can help you reclaim your active lifestyle after injury or illness by helping the body heal itself, while also treating specific ailments with conventional and holistic chiropractic care options such as chiropractic Ocala, FL options. We’re dedicated to helping our patients achieve optimal health through pain relief and realignment of the spine, whether you live in Ocala or are just visiting. Our chiropractors are here to help you get back to living your best life again, as soon as possible.
How Chiropractic Options Help
In most cases, poor posture leads to stiffness in areas of our back and neck. In order to fix these problems, we must work on stretching out muscles and joints. The benefits of chiropractic medicine include increased mobility and a decrease in pain. While chiropractors are often sought out by those who suffer from chronic conditions such as migraines or chronic lower back pain, they can also be helpful for maintaining good health. As part of your health routine, chiropractic can help treat all kinds of injuries including car accidents, sports injuries and falls among others. Chiropractor care is not only beneficial for adults but children as well due to its non-invasive nature.
The Initial Visit – What to Expect
Your first appointment usually takes about an hour. We will talk to you and your family to better understand what you want out of chiropractic care. We will also do a full orthopedic exam and adjust your spine. This is when we’ll see how you’re doing compared to before starting treatment and make adjustments if needed. Your health history will also be taken at your initial visit. This helps us understand what might have caused your problems in the first place so we can treat it more effectively with chiropractic care. Afterward, you’ll be given a custom-tailored home exercise program specific to your condition for chiropractic in Ocala, Florida.
The Treatment Process – What Happens?
Chiropractors provide treatment through several different methods: manipulation of your spine to relieve pressure on a nerve (known as an adjustment); stretching and strengthening exercises for muscles; massage for tightness or pain in soft tissues; ice/heat application for sore spots or inflammation; traction or devices to aid in movement and mobility. All of these treatments are designed to promote health, relieve symptoms, improve mobility and increase overall quality of life. In addition to actual hands-on treatment from a chiropractor, you may be recommended other forms of therapy such as physical therapy or steroid injections. Keep in mind that these other modalities are used more frequently when there is an underlying medical condition present rather than strictly as part of chiropractic care alone.
After your chiropractor has diagnosed your condition and determined a course of treatment, he or she will often set up an initial appointment for you to receive x-rays or other diagnostic imaging if necessary. If you’re having discomfort at a specific site in your spine or body, that area may be manipulated during your first visit; however, it’s not common practice to perform full-spine manipulations until after diagnostic imaging has been performed. The adjustment is usually made by hand although some chiropractors use specialized adjusting tools such as an activator or drop table. Finally, after your chiropractor has completed the appropriate treatment for your needs he/she will schedule a follow-up appointment with you.
Contact the Ocala Injury Center for chiropractic in Ocala, FL options today.
Common Reasons to Consult a Chiropractor
Chiropractic in Ocala, FL can treat a wide range of conditions and is considered safer than surgery and medication. Chiropractors utilize non-invasive treatment methods, such as joint manipulation, manual therapy and exercises. At Ocala Injury Center, we are dedicated to helping patients improve their condition and live better lives.
Here are a few signs that you should see a chiropractor.
You Have Chronic Back Pain
Many people experience back pain from time to time, and it usually resolves itself. However, if you are experiencing chronic back pain on a daily basis, it is not something you should ignore. Chronic back pain can be debilitating and prevent you from partaking in everyday activities. Whether it is due to poor posture or improper lifting techniques, it is important to see a chiropractor promptly. A chiropractor may help you relieve your back pain without resorting to surgery or prescription medications.
You Were Just in a Car Accident
Not many people think to see a chiropractor after a car accident. However, it may be one of the best things you can do for yourself. Some car accident injuries, such as neck injuries and herniated discs, don’t present immediate symptoms. You might think you’re perfectly fine until you experience pain and stiffness weeks or even months later. Chiropractors know how to detect these hidden injuries as early as possible. The sooner you address these injuries, the easier they are to treat.
You Have Frequent Headaches
If you get headaches all the time, you may be very frustrated, as they can keep you from concentrating on your tasks. Instead of reaching for pain medication, consider chiropractic in Ocala, FL. Sometimes headaches result from a misalignment in the neck or spine. If a chiropractor realigns your spine through an adjustment, you may get relief from your headaches.
You’re Very Active
While being an active person has many benefits to your physical and mental health, it can also make you more prone to slipped discs and other alignment problems. Whether you play a sport or go to the gym frequently, living an active lifestyle may put additional strain on your body. A chiropractor can perform adjustments to fix alignment issues and help your body function better.
If any of these situations apply to you, think about seeking chiropractic in Ocala, FL as soon as possible. At Ocala Injury Center, we are ready to help you fix alignment problems so that you can lead a full life.
Common Misconceptions About Chiropractic Care
Chiropractic care involves spinal manipulation and other non-invasive treatments to treat back pain, neck pain and other ailments. While chiropractic care has been around for quite some time, there are still many misunderstandings about it. Unfortunately, these misunderstandings may prevent some people from giving the treatment a chance.
Here are some common misconceptions about chiropractic care.
- Getting a chiropractic adjustment is painful. Some people assume that chiropractic adjustments are painful because of the cracking and popping sounds. However, while adjustments may involve some pressure, they should not be painful. In fact, many people have pain relief after getting an adjustment.
- Chiropractors just treat back pain. It is true that chiropractors frequently treat back pain through spinal adjustments and other methods. However, back pain definitely is not the only ailment that can benefit from chiropractic care. Chiropractors can treat many other conditions, including headaches, neck pain, fatigue, shoulder pain and tennis elbow.
- Chiropractic care is only intended for adults. Some may believe that chiropractic care is too dangerous for children. This is another common myth about chiropractic care. The truth is that chiropractic care can benefit people of all ages, including children. Some of the benefits of chiropractic care for kids include improved sleep, better behavior and increased immune function.
- Chiropractic care is for life. Some people are reluctant to try chiropractic care because they assume they will have to go forever. However, you do not have to attend chiropractic sessions for the rest of your life. How long you attend will depend on the type and severity of your condition. After performing an assessment, a chiropractor can estimate how many sessions you will require.
- Chiropractic care is too pricey. The assumed high cost of chiropractic care may also deter some people from making an appointment. However, chiropractic care is actually more affordable than traditional medical treatments, like surgery. Also, many insurance companies are recognizing that chiropractic care is effective at treating many ailments, so they are covering it in their plans.
- Chiropractic care is dangerous. Unfortunately, some shy away from chiropractic care because they think it is harmful. However, as long as it is performed by a licensed chiropractor, chiropractic is considered very safe. In fact, it is considered much safer than surgery, which can come with more complications, like bleeding and infections.